1. First of all download the magento sample data from site
2. Then create database in phpmyadmin and create new user and give him all privileges on that new database
3. After that extract magento installation folder in htdocs or www
4. Run the installation wizard by http://127.0.0.1/magento
5. Fill up all details and in db configuration wizard give your database information and also your phpmyadmin new user details
6. After setup go to frontend to view site or backend to got admin panel
Magento : Products & Category
1. Create all categories -> subcategories according to requirement
2. Create attribute set for producte : from catalog->attribute->manage attribute set
add new set->give suitable name->select matching product as based on field
3. Add Products: manage product->Add product->choose appropriate attribute set n product type
4. In General tab give mandatory fields
5. For multiple image go to IMAGE tab then upload two images
now select small image radio button and base image radio button for one image which one is main and choose Thumbnail radio button only for optional image..
fix…. Your multiple images displayed on main site
6. In Inventory tab give value for Qty more than 1 and at last in Stock availability choose -IN STOCK
then only your image will display and ADD TO CART button will appear
7. In WEBSITES tab must check Main website or store view
8. In Categories tab must select your product category and subcategory then only that product will be appear in the appropriate category
9. Press Save and check out your site @@@ product appear ..
Magento : move your local magento on server
1. Go to phpmyadmin… export your database in .sql file
2. Go to cpanel and create new database in mysql
3. Create new user
4. Give all privileges to user on dat db.
5. Go to phpmyadmin , select new db and import that .sql file
6. After successfully import
7. Create zip file of you local magento folder (in htdocs) and upload it to server using file manage In to public html folder.
8. Extract it
9. And run the installation wizard and follow the basic steps.
Magento : troubleshooting
1. Any error come during the installation to view that error go to your local magento folder
inside magneto -> var ->report . There you get particular file which has that same error number as filename.
Open it and view the full error msg
2. Local.xml file ( inside magento->app->etc) contain the local server information such as hostname, username, password, database name etc. so whenever we move the local magento on server we need to remove this file otherwise we got error .. bcoz of local information
Magento : Add multiple product
1. For that we need to create CSV(comma separated version) file which contain all the products.
2. Easy way to create CSV file in magento structure is to export CSV file from mangento export facility.
How to export/import
1. Go to admin panel – > system menu -> import/export->dataflow-profiles
2. Select the export all products profile
3. Check all option according to your requirement
4. Go to runprofile and push RUN PROFILE IN POP-UP button
5. After successfully export.
6. Go to htdocs->mangento->var->export folder there you get the CSV file named export_all_products.csv
7. Now open it and remove the entire product and add your own product.
8. During adding process concentrate on categories …
9. So better way is first ADD all categories and note the Category ID
10. And in CSV file add all category and subcategory in this format (42/43/48)
ex : 42,44,54,108
IT PRODUCTS (ID: 108)
->HARD DISKS (ID: 42)
——>LAPTOP HARD DISK (ID: 44)
————->SAMSUNG HDD LAPTOP (ID: 54)
11. And for image of all the products (TRICK HERE)
go to htdocs->magento->media folder and find import folder
if it is not there then create import folder and put the images which you want to upload.
now in image, small_image, thumbnail fields of CSV file give /yourimagename.jpg name
if you want to upload multiple images then give put main image in IMAGE filed and put other optional image into SMALL_IMAGE AND THUMBNAIL field ..
12. In URL_PATH filed give productname.html file
13. Rest of filed value copy from above products
14. Save CSV file
16. Now go to admin panel -> import/export -> dataflow-profiles and select import all products profile
17. Upload your CSV file
18. Save profile
19. Select import all products profiles
20. And go to run profile tab and select recently uploaded file
21. And push run profile in popup button.
22. DonEEEEE!!! conGooo!!!!!